During the course of Alex’s legal career in the United States, England and Israel, he has handled complex business immigration, family reunification and deportation cases. Alex represents numerous large and small companies, as well as private individuals, in their immigration matters. Alex also has extensive immigration experience in litigating deportation cases and has appeared in various immigration courts on behalf of his clients.
In addition, Alex Berd was Legal counsel for the international technology and engineering company, the Baran Group, which was publicly traded on both the NASDAQ and TASE. At Baran, Alex focused on legal issues pertaining to SEC reporting requirements and business immigration matters. He worked in the Israeli Prime Minister’s Legal Department, where he advised the Prime Minister’s office on commercial, constitutional and national security issues. Prior to that, he was an Associate Attorney at several major international law firms in Haifa, Israel and in Liverpool, England.
Alex is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and its New York Chapter. He also served on the Board of Directors of Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton-Manhattan Beach, Inc.
He is fluent in Russian, Hebrew and Ukrainian.
- New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division
- Israel, Advocate
- England and Wales, Solicitor
- United States District Court for the Southern District of the State of NY
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of the State of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit